- Posted by Bali Legals
- On February 5, 2024
For those looking to work in the entertainment industry, there are several steps you must take when obtaining an entertainment KITAS for Bali. This process can be complex, and it is essential to understand the requirements and procedures to avoid any potential issues.
In this article, we explain everything you need to know about obtaining an Entertainment KITAS for Bali. From the necessary documents to the different entertainment occupations covered, we will provide you with help to ensure your visa application is successful. Whether you are an artist, musician, or performer, read on to learn more about how to work legally in Bali’s entertainment industry.
What is a KITAS, and why is it necessary for entertainers in Bali?
A KITAS, or Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas, is a limited stay permit that allows foreign nationals to reside and work in Indonesia for a specified period. It is a requirement for anyone seeking to work in the entertainment industry in Bali, whether performing, producing, or organizing events.
Obtaining a KITAS allows you to work legally in Bali, making it easier to secure gigs and contracts without the risk of being deported or fined for working without proper authorization. It also provides a level of security and protection, as well as access to social services like healthcare and education.
To apply for a KITAS, you must meet certain eligibility requirements and provide the necessary documents and fees. The process can be time-consuming and complex, but with proper guidance and assistance, it is possible to obtain a KITAS that will allow you to work and live legally in Bali’s entertainment industry.
Types of Entertainment KITAS Available for Performers in Bali
There are various types of KITAS available for foreign nationals looking to work in the entertainment industry in Bali. Depending on your specific job and circumstances, you may need to apply for a particular type of KITAS. Here are the most common types of KITAS available for performers in Bali:
1. Working KITAS – This type of KITAS is required for foreign nationals who will be working in the entertainment industry in Bali. It allows you to legally work and reside in Bali for a specified period, usually up to one year.
2. Artist KITAS – This type of KITAS is specifically for artists, such as musicians, dancers, and actors. It allows you to reside and work in Bali for up to one year, performing at various events and venues.
3. Freelance KITAS – If you will be working as a freelance performer in Bali, such as a freelance DJ or MC, you may need to apply for a freelance KITAS. This type of KITAS allows you to work for multiple clients on a project basis.
4. Multiple Entry KITAS – If you will be traveling in and out of Bali frequently for work, a multiple entry KITAS may be the best option. It allows you to enter and exit Indonesia multiple times during your specified period of stay.
It is important to understand the type of KITAS that best suits your needs and to ensure that all necessary documents are submitted during the application process. Working with a professional immigration service can help make the process smoother and increase your likelihood of success.
Entertainment KITAS – 6312
• Photo or scan copy of the first page of your passport (valid for a minimum of 18 month)
• Copy of Health insurance (min. One month)
• Copy of Bachelor Degree Certificate in English
• Copy of a Recommendation letter or a certificate of the spesialist occupation
• Curriculum (CV)
• Bank Statement with a minimum amount of 1500 USD
• Detail information of foreigner such as email address, phone number, address in Bali, area work, and occupation.
Entertainment KITAS has 2 options of service:
• Offshore Service
• Onshore Service
Entertainment KITAS are available to, but not limited to, the following;
Table Tennis Coach
Synchronized Swimming Coach
Note: This KITAS is not extendable. Should you wish to continue to work you need to cancel the current KITAS and apply for a new one.
For help obtaining an entertainment KITAS for Bali, contact Bali Legals to discuss your requirements.
See our Google Reviews.