For the most part of the globe it is possible to get married legally in Bali and recognized by some the foreign countries. To conduct a legal wedding ceremony the couple must be present at a religious ceremony initially and it be based on the religion of the couple which are recognized by the Government of Indonesia to include Bali, such us: Christian Protestant, Catholic, Buddhism, Hindu and Muslim The marriage should be registered with the district Civil Registrar & the ceremony must be performed under religious rites.
Indonesian authorities require that all foreigners planning to marry in Indonesia obtain a “CNI” (Certificate of Non Impediment to Marriage) before the wedding. This is simply a letter from your consulate or embassy representative in Indonesia stating that there is no objection for you to get married in Indonesia.
For the consulate to issue this letter, each couple must personally visit their countries respective consulate to swear an oath that they are free to marry. For some embassies or consulate offices allow an application of CNI by sending all details required by Embassy or Consulate office. For further information please contact our wedding specialist. You must have with you the documents listed below. Once the oath has been taken, the Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage will be produced and handed over. This is usually done on the spot.
The following information will be required in order to process your marriage certificate in Indonesia as follows:
• Birth certificates for both parties
• Details of religious faith (i.e. baptism certificates)
• Written parental consent for any person under the age of 21
• Death certificate of former spouse (when relevant)
• Decree absolute divorce certificate (when relevant)
• Two (2) witnesses are required for your wedding. If you do not have any witnesses, we will arrange it.
• Eight (8) photographs (6 x 4 cm) of the couple in same photo. Photo must be of the head & shoulders only, side by side, looking straight ahead. FYI, these photos will be attached to your wedding certificate.
©2011 Bali Legal Services. Legal Marriage – All rights reserved.